Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Velcro of the Heart

Outside everything looks great. The day glistens with sunshine. People move place to place with seemingly great ease and purpose. The clock demands my focus to tasks at hand. Basics of life are within reach. Prayers mutter through my mind as I think of those I love. All in all --everything casts a content hue. Yet...

Inside - instability. Discontentment. Is it holy discontentment or just missed place hope?

Velcro of the Heart. One side "needs" the other side "hopes." We are called trust (root meaning ATTACH OUR SELVES TO) the Lord. Hope is the ingredient that stabilizes contentment within my soul. If I am discontent than I have plugged into an object or a person that will not fulfill. For God promises that hoping in Him will cause me to thirst no more. What an audacious promise!

Discontment is bred in my attachment to anything but Him.

Time to embrace the sound of velcro coming undone. I long to reattach to the Lover of My Soul.

No comments: