Monday, March 22, 2010

Learning to Stand

Being faced with a storm, I flung my heart open to dear friends in desperation for prayer.

I do not have clue how to more forward.

And then the words came, stand--and when all else fails-- stand again. My walk with God has demanded cliff-jumping into the unknown, sailing into winds of adversity, and running with passion into the impossible -- but that is just it. This time I must stand. I found great security in moving forward. I relied too heavily on taking new ground. Standing feels like a loss.

Trust in Me, He says.

My heart aches to know what about "standing" represents Christ? What picture of heaven can you find in me rooting down with absolution? There is something here He wants me to know.

Learning to stand exposed my lack of trust and positioned to me to renew my strength in Him alone.

Learning stand -- who knew that it would be harder than running.

No comments: